Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Vintage Pattern silk top completed

Labor Day is a blustery rainy day here in Homer with winds at 40 mph. Can't even let the dogs run today so I'm inside all day sewing, not a bad thing to do as I finished my silk top. 


After the photo of me I added one more button to the bottom as you can see Kalen there peeking at me. The buttons are vintage from Deb Pan's breeder who sent me a stash of vintage sewing items. This dupioni silk has a glow to it I love how it came out. There are small pockets in the font yoke area. 
Well moving on as I am know to do I have cut out this muslin (aka for any scrap material) for the next dress I'm making out of red gabardine which is all lined in red satin. I need to be sure the top fits me before cutting the good stuff. The pattern is retro with a peplum, straight skirt with back slit, long raglan sleeves, and a 12" back zipper found it on Gertie's blog awhile back. 

9 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Favorite all time outfit. Cut on the blouse is perfect. Trim of lace is stunning. My favorite kind of buttons. I love to find those as the rhinestones usually fall out over the years. Skirt is the perfect cut. Oh I love those pockets. Well done on the pattern ...just gorgeous...Renee

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous sewing - you look very smart.
Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Ann said...

Splendid job. The silk is so pretty. I have been working on vintage hats-the patterns can be very confusing!!
Ann

Sandy said...

That is a beautiful top Nan! I love the fabric and the vintage buttons. It's cool here today...with rain and low temperature (62 degrees!).

Scrap for Joy said...

This latest outfit is just stunning, Nan! I love the lines of the blouse and silk dupioni is so heavenly. I haven't sewn for years but I love seeing handmade clothing...the quality is always superior to anything in the stores (unless you can pay really high prices!)
I was listening to a talk show on the radio today and the discussion was about the need to reinstate Home Ec to school cirriculum. Sewing, cooking and money management classes are deperately needed by our youth today. They never learn to take care of themselves. OK, sermon over.
I always chuckle at the way your dogs look so natural posing for pictures.
Have a great week!
xoxo
Joyce

Vintage Girl said...

Nan, this is really good. So professional. You are doing such a lovely job on your clothing!

dana said...

You are just amazing!! I have never sewn anything challenging like you do. . . and you do it all of the time!!

Love your completed outfits and your trip to Fairbanks!!

We had a cool day in KC yesterday, too. It started out near 50, then hit the mid 70s. Just a splendid day!

Have a great week!

dana

marylnail@bellsouth.net said...

This is so pretty. It looks like the fit is perfect.

Sam said...

Your blouse looks lovely! Sam xox

Search This Blog