Saturday, September 17, 2011

Silk and Wool

These two fabrics were in my mailbox today! I was so waiting for these. The navy is 2 yards of Dupoini silk from an Ebay dealer and the right is wool boucle which I ordered on August 24th, that's 4 weeks to arrive and with an extra shipping charge for Alaska! I love their fabrics but not their shipping costs and times, very slow. That would be Fashion Fabrics Club in St. Louis MO. 
I'm going to make the Jackie O Chanel jacket out of this as it's much more authentic to use the boucle wool. Now I see why, it's way thick, very puffy and light. I can already see me using a gorgeous colored silk for the lining. The wool is black and tan and I will do the 'quilting' on this and also the chain at the hem. 

4 comments:

Chris said...

I can't wait to see this finished project.
Chris

missy said...

Both are so beautiful. I'm just now getting a bit more skilled on my sewing machine. Funny that I have 3 machines but only one feels right to me.

hugs
-missy-

My Vintage Mending said...

Why does it take so long? Seems ridiculous. I love those colors...perfect together. It will give you the pop you need under the wool. I am excited to see. Smiles...Renee

LunaLoo said...

We take shipping and time issues for granted down here in the lower 48 :) I know this will sew up beautifully and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Search This Blog