Monday, September 26, 2011

Red Dress Completed


Taken on Sunday and it's a gorgeous day in the bay. I finished this outfit by completing the covered belt this afternoon bought from Sunni's little shop (her blog is  a fashionable stitch.) 
This dress was a challenge as it is completely lined in red satin. I'm not sure if the top is suppose to fit this loose or it should have been taken in, anyway I'm tired of fooling with it and will wear it for an event like Valentine's Day or Christmas at church. Today I wore my black cotton velvet bolero and red plaid skirt and that has got to be my favorite for looks and comfortable fit. I'm inclined to make another one out of the pink velvet. This evening I need to work on my blue jacket. 
These are the shoes I'm wearing with the red dress I forgot to post these. Never in my life have I had a pair of shoes like this and here I am at age 70 wearing them. You know I think I know the problem with this dress even though it's my pattern size it's over all just too large.

13 comments:

ImagiMeri said...

Wow!!!! You have got to be the most stunning woman in Alaska. That red is perfect on you, I can just see you with your hair up (chignon) and maybe a lovely "facinator" in your hair. I'm so happy you're doing something you enjoy, something you're amazingly talented at....and.....you get a crazy, amazing wardrobe out of it.

Hugs,
Meri

Cindy said...

I agree with Meri...stunning!!!

That color is you. I loved wearing bolero's when I was a young woman. My Mema made me some in many color and textures during the late 70's and 80's.

You are an awesome seamstress.

Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

My Vintage Mending said...

That has to be the fit. It looks that way all over. I can't believe how great you look in all these colors. Shoes are divine. Can't wait to see the blue jacket. On another note...I have been looking for a new color for our library former dining room. I kept leaning toward this gorgeous grey/brown. The color name-Weimeriener.

MJ said...

I love the color Nan. As for the fit, I think any time you have a top that's completely lined like this one is you're bound to have a looser fit--if it fit tighter then any little wrinkle or mark or anything on the lining would show and it would be a nightmare to press and not have anything show through.

Debby said...

I love it. You look great in red. Why say it for the holidays.

Scrap for Joy said...

Another lovely creation. I love the peplum top...so flattering Nan!
xoxo
Joyce

Terra said...

Beautiful color and style and sewing ability.

Tamera @ the Stone Fence Cottage said...

LOVE the dress!!! And you go girl with those shoes!!! They are really CUTE!!!

Kath said...

Look at those shoes- Rock and Roll!!

art deco dame said...

love the red and a dash of leopard is always fantastic!

LunaLoo said...

I love your spirit and detemination... and your spunk too :) I'm with ImagiMeri and the fascinator idea (with a touch of something leopard maybe?)

Gramma 2 Many said...

I am just doing a little blog hopping tonight and discovered your blog. This dress is beautiful!! I love your shoe choice too.

Fashionable Stitcher said...

Nan! This looks positively lovely! You look amazing in red and this suit is the perfect blend of chic and a little bit of retro! Gorgeous! And yay! I'm so glad to see you using a belt kit! Makes my heart all aflutter! Beautiful lady!

xoxo,Sunni

Search This Blog