Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Local Russian Wedding










The Russian communities here in Homer are so colorful especially when they have weddings!  I love seeing the women around town in their colorful satin dresses. This recent wedding were photographed by                                      
 Joshua Veldstra Photography.
I knew you would enjoy seeing the beautiful dresses and shirts they make. I love the fact they are not afraid of using color! Joshua does a fantastic job with his photos I really like his style check out his website. The couple is Daniel and Kapetolena. 

6 comments:

ImagiMeri said...

Wow, Wow, Wow, Amazing color!

The settings are gorgeous, the bride is stunning, everything is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing the beauty.

Hugs,
Meri

Chris said...

Beautiful photos and a beautiful couple. Thanks for sharing.
Chris

My Vintage Mending said...

Gorgeous. All that embroidery. The red is amazing but have to say I like the blue because it is not seen so often in weddings. These are just so country looking and not so cookie cutter. Wonderful glimpse into tradition. Head dress is remarkable. THanks for the peek...smiles...Renee

GardenofDaisies said...

Nan, I had to read this post as soon as I saw the title! My daughter has a Russian boyfriend at the moment. The weddings really are colorful, aren't they?

Terra said...

Glorious. I wish great blessings on this couple and their friends. Love the red and how it pops.

MJ said...

I love the red. I did comment earlier but for some reason it didn't show up here so I thought I'd comment again. I'm wondering if there's some tradition behind having the two different outfits--is one for the actual ceremony and one for the party afterwards? They are both absolutely gorgeous though, but I have always loved the color red--Jack's favorite would be the blue though.

Search This Blog