Monday, September 19, 2011

Fairy Cottage Improvements


We had our plumber install this new propane heater in the cottage (finally.) Having had the wood stove removed awhile back which was too small and difficult for guests to keep running. The baseboard electric heater did not put out enough heat in the winter when our daughter visits to heat the cottage about 50 degrees Brr.
 The boys are posing by the new heater. This one will certainly do the trick as I have one this size in my house. Now that all my guests are gone for the summer my plumber gets 'round to it.' Oh well one must have patience here there are only so many plumbers to be had. I do love his work!

 One of two fairy doors in the wall above the bathroom and below. Curious children have been know to remove my miniature steps from the bottom 'gnome' door and announce they did not go all the way up to the other door like I told them!! I said well they are fairies they fly on up inside the wall! Nan has an answer to all fairy questions I'm quite experienced at it now. You would not believe the questions these kids come up with. One little girl was very disappointed on a second visit a couple years later as she still expects to see fairies circling the room. Here she is below in front of the bottom gnome door on the right wondering where have all the fairies gone. She is at that transitional age of 11 for believing and not believing.


I washed the curtains and decided they had faded so much I needed to run up something new. I got out this gnome fabric and made these yellow and red ones after church on Sunday. They go really cute out there.

14 comments:

vivian said...

what an enchanted little cottage! I LOVe the fairy and gnome doors. I soooo need one of two.. How did you make them? and the curtains are freaken adorable too! If I ever make it to alaska... I'm need to come stay with you!
(I hate to travel though.. so must likely wont get there.. but just in case...!)
have a great week Nan.
xoxo
vivian

ImagiMeri said...

I would so love to stay in your fairy cottage. My biggest thrill would be to finally meet you in person. I love those curtains Nan, they are perfect.

Hugs,
Meri

Kaisievic said...

Oh, how gorgeous - your guests must love your fairy cottage.
Hugs, Kaye xoxox

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan...I love them. They bring just enough color. One of my favorite fabrics...all the little touches are just so perfect. What a great little cottage. The boys have the right idea. Smiles...Renee

Chris said...

Such an adorable place to stay. Love your curtains.
Chris

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Oh those little dotty curtains are so cute! How fun to have a cottage! ♥

Mary said...

Nan
Your curtains are BEAUTIFUL! The colors blend perfectly with everything. I keep pulling the picture up looking at them. Very very beautiful.

Shelley said...

It is a wonderful cottage...I could move right in :)
Blessings on your week.

MJ said...

Those curtains are absolutely perfect for the cottage. They look great and so nice and bright and cheerful there.

Debby said...

I love those curtains. What a cute little cottage. I love your fairy stories. The one little girls face is so lit up.

**CREATIVE CARMELINA** said...

Okay. Those fairy doors are theeeeeee most darling thing I've seen all day! I want one.

Stop in to enter my giveaway!

Ciao Bella!

CREATIVE CARMELINA

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Thanks for linking up Nan! ♥

DondaLee's said...

Your dogs are just adorable! I love your blog, too!

Sandy said...

Cute touches to a lovely magical fairy cottage. Do you know how much I would love to have a special place like that!!! I'm so glad we got to see it in person and meet you and Bob last summer.

Search This Blog