I cut off the hem of this skirt as I was unhappy with my work. I bought from Sunni (A Fashionable Stitch) some of this wide horse hair braid and the above shows me pining it to the very edge of the right side hem. Then I sewed it about 1/4 inch and flipped it over to the inside and pressed. (The raspberry is the underlining of the green satin.)
Above I have pressed and pinned it with the pins on the right side of the skirt. I then sew it on that side feeling with my finger where the edge is underneath. I learned all this from Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing where she has a tutorial video.
The red below is the gabardine dress that is completely lined making it NOT simple like the pattern said. I had the sleeve lining showing out the sleeve so I had to fix that and also one other black velvet bolero had the same problem on one sleeve. Fixed that too.
The red dress had to have a lot of hand sewing inside on the lining. It's 100% completed and I'm going to add a fabric belt when the kit comes from Sunni.
Now I have cut out my navy blue Dupoini silk full skirt also an idea from Gertie's blog again. This is my skirt below. That and a waistband and zipper is all there is to it. I didn't use a pattern.
It's too dark now to work anymore on navy. We have high winds @ 45 mph and rain all day making it totally an inside day for the dogs. I took feed to the ducks 3 times today as they were visiting in the wind. Went to the gym this morning and the dogs go along for a ride. They go with me everyday and people around town are getting to know them in my car. A friend said "I knew you were in the tea shop I saw your dogs waiting in the car." I also spotted them on this Etsy site where I bought them collars!!