Thursday, September 29, 2011

1948 Suit


 My heels are sinking in the wet ground

Pan and Nan 
 Right after these photos were taken we had the largest hail storm I've seen here yet. Near the tail end of it 50 mallards flew into the pond and found the corn I put out. 
Finished this 1948 outfit today and this is the second outfit I've made with the top too large. If I'd stuck with the pattern the way it was it would have fit better. Don't I have a manikin? yes I do it doesn't matter I don't trust it. No problem with the skirt as they are simple to fit. Well I'm not going to fool anymore with it as the fabric is not to my liking, if it were something more special yes. I will move on. My sweet friend Meri says I should step away for awhile but I'm not quite ready to do that yet. I really only sew a few hours a day, having my workouts in the morning at the gym, keeping up with the household chores, shopping, cooking meals, managing the money, outdoor mowing, etc. I can't sew if the house is messy or some task is looming over me.
Lunch today New York grilled steak, (locally grown grass fed beef no less) and salad. This was actually two meals worth for us.
What is next? 
I'm cutting out a vintage Advance skirt pattern in brown cotton velvet. 

7 comments:

Ann said...

I'm really into vintage patterns now, making hats. Looking for a Fedora pattern. Like your skirt and jacket, good luck on the new skirt.
ann

gpc said...

your work is so beautiful, it always takes my breath away!

My Vintage Mending said...

It doesn't look that big. It is beautiful with the skirt. I do all my chores before I sit to sew too. It keeps me motivated. Sort of a reward. Yes I feel like a toddler sometimes. Ha! It looks like a beautiful day hard to believe it rained so badly. Cannot wait to see the next skirt. Pattern is in great shape. Smiles...Renee

Debby said...

Even though you use vintage patterns they just look classic on you. I like the top. Maybe you are losing weight. It doesn't look too big, just comfortable. Beautiful.

Sherri B. said...

You have a perfect figure for this style of skirt. - Your steak looks yummy!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Girl, you are one serious sewing- machine! Love your look at the sinking heels. :)

Sherry said...

Beautiful work and worthy to accompany the elegance of a Weimaraner.

Search This Blog