Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Teal wool skirt


After my gym w/o yesterday I pulled into the Russian Fabric Shop and looked for a 7" zipper for this teal wool skirt I'm making. You see the green I found? That is as close as I can get and that is all I have to choose from in this small town in Alaska, anyway zippers put in well don't show. Last night I hung the skirt with the hem ready to let it fall. Today I do the hand work and I'm done with that. Maybe today I will cut the white silk top before I leave on a trip which I will tell you about tomorrow. 

4 comments:

GardenofDaisies said...

Nan, if you can't find a sewing notion in the right color, just give me a shout. I've got 2 or 3 stores near me and I'd be happy to find it and pop it in the mail to you.

Debi said...

Lovely skirt! Teal AND wool....magical combination!

dana said...

You are just a sewing queen! I agree...the zippers put in correctly don't have to be exact in color matching. Heck, half the time they aren't in off the rack clothing and they typically aren't put in that well.

Your trip across the bay looks like fun...did you guys Kayak, too? I have a "new" friend who just bought one and is loving it.

Love the boys new colors.....and can hardly wait to hear about your upcoming trip!

Peonies in August...how awesome!

dana

Debby said...

Safe travels. So nice that you can do that. I will be a mess for sure when that takes place, hah. I hope the weather is good.

Search This Blog