Thursday, August 4, 2011

Primal Eating and Paying the Locals

This is always a great Primal salad to make quickly for dinner and it's good too. I just put mixed lettuce down and top it off with fried hamburger with spices, add some jalapenos and cheese and topped off with my salad dressing I made with guacamole mixed in. That in fact is all I had, no tomatoes or anything else that would have gone but still this is a great meal. 
The boys watching me,
This has been a money going away week. The oven quit, a repair guy finally came today, nothing is wrong now it ignites perfectly making a liar out of me, bill $113 for coming to tell me nothing was wrong and my oven worked fine. Rebuilt starter on Bob's truck $200, yearly wood stove cleaning yesterday $154, John Deere lawnmower repair $184. and it's still not made its way to my house yet.  The plumber is due out to put a new heater in the guest cottage and the stove guy is coming back to remove the wood stove in there and plug up the ceiling hole, etc. Then the annual HRV cleaning and maintenance is going to happen this week, that is our air filtering system in the house because it's a 5 Star Energy Homer you have to have HRV's to put in fresh and take out old air.
All good for the economy in Homer right, it gets me services and give people jobs, that's life. 

7 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan what is that salad dressing? It looks fantastic. Creamy and filling. My family loves good home cooked meals. Nothing out of a box. Favorite veggie is brussel sprouts. No lie. You should see them eat! I feel your pain about the servicing. If it isn't one thing it is another. And why all at once? Always happens that way...I would park it with the boys...smiles...Renee

A Vintage Chic said...

Looks like such a delicious salad, Nan!

Oh my....I know all about weeks like that--just had one! That's just the way it goes, sometimes...breathe deep, my friend!

Wishing you a lovely day...so happy to be home again & able to visit!

Julie

Debby said...

Looks like a yummy salad, a taco salad of sorts. Love the hsot of the boys.
Always something but at least you are boosting the economy.

Anonymous said...

You got great points there, that's why I always check your blog, it seems that you are an expert in this field. keep up the fantastic work, My friend recommends your site.

My blog:
credits personnels www.rachatdecredit.net

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Nan, your salad looks fantastic! Sorry to hear about all your troubles. Have a nice weekend! Twyla

Jacqueline said...

I have not ate a thing in three days and dropped a few pounds while I was at it. Been in sick bay with a flu from hell. However, I know I'm feeling better now because I could enjoy that salad to the max in one bite I'm so hungry. When I saw your post, I thought, uh oh, Nan's been cooking again!

Yes, isn't it true...money comes and goes but most of all supporting local business in the end is best. I bet in Homer almost all business is local is that right? Do you even have any Big Box stores or corporations there?

Love the dogs watching their mama, content as can be.
Sadie Mae would not leave my side while I was sick. They just know.

Happy weekend dear heart, with love sent!
Jackie

Paula said...

I like your attitude of paying the local businesses and helping the local economy! I have to remember that when we have repairs, etc. I get so stressed out about money that I forget that I am supporting my local economy by hiring our local workers.

The salad looks great! Do you have a Fiddlehead Cookbook? There is a great recipe in there for a brown rice salad (hot rice salad over cool green salad). Yum!

Search This Blog