Monday, August 15, 2011

New outfits


 Me wearing a new skirt Sunday to church and my black top which I've never worn. The skirt that goes with this top is the green satin and it worked perfect with this one too. 
 This is a red Habotai Silk scarf I made in an hour or less Sunday afternoon. I stabilized the silk by pinning it to freezer paper, a tip I found on the net. 
This is made from a vintage pattern and the scarf will go with the black velvet bolero I'll be making this week when the fabric arrives from Fabric.com. The pattern shows the scarf tucked inside the neck.

8 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

Your new ensemble is stunning and the backdrop in these photos is breathtaking. I love the graceful flow of the skirt. Your dogs always make me giggle...they look like perfect bookends in this picture. Your fashion creations are great Nan.
xo
Joyce

Debi said...

YAY! LOVE the scarf! it looks fantastic and will be super stunning with the black bolero! Love your outfit as well!

My Vintage Mending said...

The boys look like statues! How cute. The length on the skirt is perfect more of a tea length. Scarf color is wonderful. I am still trying to get over the fact you made a silk shirt in ivory. Amazing.

Debby said...

You look great. Love the outfit.

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

Yes, indeed you look great. I like what one of the comments said about your dogs - they do look like statues. You are so talented!!!

LunaLoo said...

I love that you sew coordinated outfits and I am encouraged to do the same. And your Chanel bug has totally bitten me!

Sew much on the to do list.. sew little time. Have a great week!

Vintage Girl said...

BEATUIFUL, I want to grow up like you!

Sandy said...

I love your new outfit...especially the black jacket. Well done! You look so pretty.

Search This Blog