Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A muslin

I have some things I want to sew before moving forward on the Chanel like jacket. This is a muslin I constructed with extra room across the back between the arms where I always need it. I see I must lengthen the back 1/2 inch and the front inside panel 1 1/2 inches longer to make up for what I did to the back. This pattern is the vintage one I won
over on Debi's blog (it has a pendulm I didn't cut with the muslin but will for the real thing.)  The above is for a skirt I talk about below with the white silk Dupioni cute little top. The fabric here is wool but neither looks nor feels like wool you would think of.  Yeah I have all these to sew before getting to that Chanel !

7 comments:

ImagiMeri said...

Well you are just gonna' be one well dressed lady, aren't you? I love seeing all the new outfits you're making, especially to see how lovely you look in them when done.

Hugs,
Meri

Kaisievic said...

Looks like you are going to be busy. Good luck with the sewing.

Charlene said...

Aren't you Ms Clever!!!! You are correct that all sewing teachers suggest a muslin first but, I am so impulsive I don't take the time... and often pay the price. Your top & skirt in the previous post looks wonderful!

And as for yous suggestion of coming up there to beat the heat... you will be surprised when ONE DAY I email you & say "Nan, we're headed your way". I AM SICK OF THIS HEAT!!! I am hoping Hubby will be able to travel more in the future. We have put on another guy here to help with the work load. It's hard to look a gift horse in the mouth during these economic times but, we had hoped he'd start slowing down....
HUGS!
Charlene

Debi said...

Ooohhh! It's looking good! so exciting!

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan...never have done a muslin. But I can see how it would make a huge difference. Once I complete something I feel like the second one would come out much better. Wool? Looks like denim...smiles...Renee

Vintage Girl said...

Nan, I hope this one fits you over your shoulders as I know this has been such a hard place to get the room you need there. Please let us know if it all works out. adjustments can be bothersome but worth it if you get the right combo, then you can just make that same one again and again.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Nan,

Thank you for the well wishes! I appreciate your kind words!

Have a wonderful day!

Lindsey

Search This Blog