Friday, August 5, 2011

Fireweed as seen from the House


The fireweed is in bloom down low here but up on the bluff it's still not at the peak of color when it is I'll go up on top and try and photograph as area where friends live that is just spectacular and I have done so in prior years. I caught the Fairy cottage fireweed there and off our deck. This is nothing like what's up on top with so much more. I tried a Flip Video but the two dogs were hassling each other in the background making lots of noise. 

4 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

You know, it's really funny: I think we have Fireweed in Scotland. It's always struck me that our version was the same color as the one you have in these pictures ... but I remembered Fireweed as being a more purple color, so I didn't think it could possibly be the same.

I think it's the same plant we have here as you have there - and it certainly does bloom and seed in much the same manner.

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

How blessed you are to live in such a beautiful place! I am so glad you share those pictures with us all...

My Vintage Mending said...

Amazing. Some of the most beautiful vegetation and brilliant colors there. Must be the hours of sun! Smiles...Renee

Loving that recipe....thanks so much.

Jean said...

What a lovely pic. I love fireweed.

Search This Blog