Thursday, August 25, 2011

Finished Jacket

I finished my wool tartan outfit making the jacket from this 1933 pattern I won from Debi. She gives away a pattern a week if you haven't visited her wonderful site do so. 
I made the view with the peplum and I lined cotton velvet in red satin which was not done on the pattern. I also made the red silk scarf I'm wearing from this pattern.

 Top two photos show with the cloth belt and vintage buckle and the bottom is without. 
I enlarged the back shoulder area by 2" so now when I made the next top I'll get that pattern back out and use it for reference.
If you recall here is the jacket and skirt I made last month using the same tartan and would you believe I still have some left after making the tartan skirt! I must have had yards of that stuff.
*Today I'm leaving for Anchorage staying overnight then heading up to Fairbanks with my daughter and grandson and his girlfriend who will go to college there. I'll be coming back in a week with new photos to show you and spending some mother-daughter time which will be fun.
Bob is staying home with the boys. 

12 comments:

Debby said...

You look great. You should be a model.
Have a great time.

Scrap for Joy said...

What is the television contest for would-be dress designers....Project Runway? Whatever it is you should be a contestant! Plaid is tricky and you've done a beautiful job. I love this total outfit...smashing I think!! Have fun with your daughter and grandson Nan.
xoxo
Joyce

Debi said...

FABULOUS! OHHHHHHH I love it soooo much! it looks so great and oh, how I love the tartan! Fabulous job Nan!!!

Vintage Girl said...

you look totally adorable! LOVE the jacket and skirt, belt is fab too!

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan you look fantastic. Must be the best dressed woman in Alaska! Have a wonderful time and enjoy. Travel safe....smiles...Renee

missy said...

Nan, you are the picture of sophistication and beauty. I'm truly in awe of your sewing abilities.

gpc said...

You look SO DARN CUTE! You are an amazing talent.

Sandy said...

Beautiful outfit Nan and love all of your photos. The "boys" are such a hoot. They probably are wondering what you are doing and if it's something to eat. Have fun on your trip north.

It's pouring here. We had so much excitement with our earthquake this week and now we have hurricane Irene coming up the East Coast. We just had the most rain in a month here since they started keeping records in the 1800s...something like 13 inches.

Paula said...

You look like you'd be right at home in the Scottish Highlands! Beautiful job!

Have fun in Fairbanks - I've never been there and hope to go someday!

Creative Breathing said...

OH NAN! I VISIT ON THE VEST DAYS! You simply take my breath away in your tartan outfit. I have goosebumps!
Wanted to let you know I am just beginning to make Santa and will make another for you. Will let you know when he is ready to head your way. Elizabeth

LunaLoo said...

Nice outfits, great fit and they look good on you! The beret is a nice touch too! Have a nice trip!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

You look fabulous & you are such a wonderful seamstress!

Search This Blog