Friday, August 12, 2011

Chanel

I've been reading up on making a Chanel jacket. A blogger named LunaLoo left me a comment and link to making a Chanel which I checked out and realize there is a lot more to one that I first thought. I hadn't realized they are 'quilted'. I also came across this gals blog Erica who made one and showed her process including the quilting part. 
My pattern came today but I'm not jumping in just yet I plan on making a black velvet bolero first to go with a tartan full skirt I made. 
The red silk is for a scarf that is with this pattern too, thought it would go with the whole outfit. 

5 comments:

LunaLoo said...

I've been reading more about the Chanel techniques too as I am planning a venture into a couple of sewing projects with 100% wool (will be a new experience for me). The quilting technique makes sense to me on a loose weave, not so sure on a tighter weave like houdstooth (for example). Labor intensive for sure and a little intimidating but will be a good challenge for me. Anyone up for a Chanel-A-Thon? :)

My Vintage Mending said...

I do love how you jump in with both feet. It reminds me to not worry so much. The pattern pic caught my attention too as some of mine from over the years collecting have such interesting postmarks and notes on them. Its like a personal newspaper from the times...enjoy....Renee

Diane Mars said...

Oh my goodness, it sounds very hard to me, I sure hope you will let us in on your progress! Best of luck. Hugs, Diane

Vintage Girl said...

Can't wait to see it Nan! Awesome!!

Debi said...

YAY! Can't wait to see your bolero...oh, and I lOVE the scarf pattern from this jacket. So great! I actually copied it before sending it.... :) Good luck with the Chanel jacket--I bet it would be a very fun process to make!

Search This Blog