Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bolero @ the halfway


This is my black cotton velvet material and for pressing seams I use the above pad. I've had it 15 or 20 years and really not used it. This velvet lets off little black specks that get all over everything. Very frustrating. I used the tape roller to take them up but they don't seem to stop coming off the velvet? 
In this shot it looks charcoal gray but it's black, the camera films it lighter. Next step is the lining. I must now cut out and sew up the entire jacket again in red satin. The pattern does not call for lining but this jacket really needs it to look the way I want. It will be worn with a full red tartan skirt and a belt of the same along with a red silk scarf tucked in the neckline. I enlarged the back distance from arm to arm some 2 inches and got this to fit thank goodness. 
These flowers are blooming in the house and I took a digital of them with a glacier in the background today.

2 comments:

ImagiMeri said...

Your jacket is looking great.......wow lined with red satin....woohoo that's gonna' be sharp! Those flowers are lovely, but personally I think the view is to die for!

Hugs,
Meri

P.S. Have you played with the Paperclay yet????

My Vintage Mending said...

I worked with chenille this summer and it pilled everywhere. Never thought to use a roller. Lord knows I have plenty with all the dogs in the house. I would think it would call for a liner. The inside velvet always pulls on hair for me and requires a liner. Red silk is perfect. Love my Mac...photoshop was thrown in with it. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise...smiles...Renee

Search This Blog