Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Two completed Projects



Went to take photos outside as I had my friend Lorraine here to help me today, a sunny but a terribly windy day. Lorraine loaned me the hat. My daughter in law is going to try and bring me a beret when she visits next week. 
 Simplicity Pattern 4044 1940's Retro

One large vintage red button
Finished with retro skirt from same pattern made in black suiting.
With left over material I also made this full skirt Kalen is sitting by below. I plan on making a bolero out of black velvet to go with this. 
Below is my Chanel Twin Set using same skirt as above.

Fabric is pink linen lined in pink satin and using black glass vintage buttons

We follow Mom and do what she does.
What's next ?...I'm choosing right now. 

11 comments:

Debby said...

You are on a roll. Looks good.

ImagiMeri said...

Oh Nan, you look stunning! Those outfits couldn't be more perfect for you. Keep going woman, I think you'll inspire a whole new wave of creating new wardrobes.

Hugs,
Meri

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan these are fabulous. I love how the pattern turned out. Red is such a nice color on you. I am sure the boys in grey agree. If only we could equip them with handles...they would be great handbags...smiles...Renee

Jane said...

Stunning, simply stunning - both outfits!
Jane-Jacksonville

Patti said...

I just discovered these vintage patterns - and you look so darling in them. I just love the red plaid!!! Reminds me of clothes my mom made for me - she loved to sew.

Kath said...

When I saw the mini pic for this post, i thought it was the photo on the pattern sleeve, until arriving at your blog, I realised it was you!
Just lovely Nan and don't the boys act as wonderful assistants (their colour goes with anything LOL).

Vintage Girl said...

WOW!!!! You look like a doll. What a great, professional wardrobe. You can wear these garments with so much. Love, love the plaid. Go Nan! The black waistline has a really pretty detail to it. Your friend did a great job taking pictures of you.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love the pictures of you and the pups. Your outfits are just beautiful! You do such a great job! Have a wonderful day! Twyla

Storybook Woods said...

Oh my Nan, just beautiful, really!! Clarice

Debi said...

Nan, these are FABULOUS! I absolutely love the tartan jacket...it turned out so well! and the pink suit is to die for! GREAT job!!!

Sandy said...

Hi Nan,
I'm catching up on my blog reading. I love all of your outfits! You look so cute in them. The "boys" are never far from you are they? Our Dusty loved to cut in front of us when we were walking. He never wanted to miss out on anything either just like Kalen and Pan.

Search This Blog