Monday, July 11, 2011

Our guests

 Bill Lentz from Santa Fe, formerly Pioneer CA near us, and his long time buddy Bern Juracka rode all the way to the end of the road in Homer Alaska and stayed with us in the guest cottage for three days. Bob and Bill worked together for many years at the Rancho Seco nuclear plant in Sacramento, CA. Not many of these guys have come all the way up here, in 10 years Bill is the fourth one.



 Bern has the BMW and Bill the Harley
 Having breakfast at Duncan House
Bern out on the Spit by the sign. You can see it's not hot here and we had clouds and rain. 
Inside the fairy cottage, not what they were used to coming up in campgrounds and tents, a nice break.

5 comments:

Ann said...

What great buddies! I'm sure it's been a lot of recounting of things that happened on the job. The accomindations look fantastic=how neat too have such a great place for visitors to stay.
Ann

My Vintage Mending said...

The cottage is darling. I must say I would give my right arm for a cool breeze. Well, a natural cool breeze. Another hot day..101. Remember...I love snow. I should be in Alaska. One day. Amazing ride. What a moment. Enjoy everyday of your great weather...smiles...Renee

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Nan,

Why don't you come on down and thaw out here in 115 degrees! We did have rain the past two days....haven't seen that in a long time, but now we're back to scorching hot. I would so love to come stay in your fairy cottage sometime. By the way, I told you my brother was out there recently, well he and his wife have purchased a 22ft. trailer and are working on planning a 5 week trip back to Alaska in the near future. Should I have em' stop by to see you?

Hugs,
Meri

Paula said...

I love the cottage! I want to build a guest cottage on our property (someday!). More pictures of the cottage, please!

It is so nice when friends from Down South come up to visit us in Alaska! What a nice treat for you and your husband!

MJ said...

Wow, I can't imagine riding a "bike" all that way--but then I'm not a bike person. I much prefer the comfort of a car when on a trip.

Search This Blog