Friday, July 29, 2011

Family Visits, a busy summer


 This week spent with more family around Homer Alaska. My Great Niece and husband from Gilroy, CA. This is our last scheduled family/friends visitors for the summer. 
 A visit to Norman Lowell's gallery and old homestead.
Liz and Harris, Nan and Bob.

A raspberry and peach smoothie, coffee, and a dream sickle smoothie bought at Black Water Bend for the trip home. 
 'Bob the Fish Whisperer' as Liz calls him took them out on the bay for the day and one only had to drop the line and a second later have a fish. A fish box taken home full of frozen and packaged fish all done by Liz and Harris themselves. 

 Halibut, cod and salmon

 Time Bandits
 A visit to the Pratt Museum and to Bear Creek Winery.
 Below lots of dinners together cooked by Harris and Liz cooking Primal for us and who both love to cook together
Sad to see them go but the upside is they plan on returning next summer!

6 comments:

Debby said...

My husband and son would love to fish like that. They never seem to get any bites. Those fish are huge. Love the pink smoothie shop. Glad your company is returning next year. Who wouldn't, hah.

Now rest for awhile.

Jane said...

Looks like you showed your friends a wonderful time - and had fun too! Love that pink store - really shows up :) The flowers are so bright and beautiful! I remember noticing that in Anchorage - the hanging flower baskets - when we toured around a bit a few years ago. I wonder if it's the atmosphere that's different? (I know the air is vastly different between Florida & Alaska!) I can't put my finger on it (total non-scientist), but the colors look brighter to me :)
Jane-Jacksonville

Kaisievic said...

Great photos, Alaska looks amazing!

My Vintage Mending said...

Amazing...that salmon is so delicious looking. Halibut is our favorite. Nice to see you had great family visits and wonderful weather. I am having that same photobucket issue too...smiles...Renee

Brownie1 said...

I wish I had met you before we visited Homer, rather than after. Thank you for sharing such joyful pictures of that beautiful area, and for allowing a glimpse into your busy life! The sight of the halibut makes me salivate- yum!

Paula said...

Looks like so much fun! I love visitors...

Do you by any chance know my friend Judy Miller Dean who lives in Homer? She is a nurse and her husband works for the city.

Search This Blog