Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cranes and Eagles don't mix

The cranes last night by our pond. I see a bird large as an eagle fly twice over the top of them. 
It's an adolescent eagle.
He is not being friendly eagles will kill cranes if they can.
The male cranes steps out and says 'Don't mess with me see how big I am" The crane often does this to the dogs through the fence, if I walk out he stops it and walks away. 
Luckily the eagle flew off and I heard the mature pair of eagles on top of the radio antenna chatting at him. 
The next morning I had this one visit my pond. He/She is checking out about why the young one was down here I'm sure. This is our resident eagle, been here for more years than we have. 
Only stayed a few seconds then flew off.

7 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

I think that eagle's eyes were a bit bigger than his stomach!

Jane said...

I'm glad he left the cranes alone!
Jane-Jacksonville

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan how perfect to see an eagle so close to the 4th of July! We of course are having a hot streak and the A/C is going out. I am having to babysit it until the tech gets back in town...enjoy your holiday...smiles...Renee

Charlene said...

Nan, Happy Belated Birthday!!! Thank you for my BDay greetings you left. And when I came to visit... I went from the begining here all the way to the swimsuit post & LOVED IT ALL!!!! I am so proud of you posting you in your swimsuit & think you look AMAZING! You were so right about working out. I have been thinking of joining the community center & NOW I AM FOR SURE! And I will think of you each time I go & say Nan does it & so should I! How quickly we can loose our tone & shape. THANK YOU for the push. And you kind of asked my age... 57 this year. But, you know what, I wouldn't trade a day for anything! HUGS!
Charlene

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

The wildlife in your yard is amazing! I had a lot of fun watching baby eagles hatch and grow on the Decorah Eagle cam this spring. (Raptor Rescue)

Sew Country Chick said...

You have such majestic beauty up there in Alaska.I'm following so I can peek in on life up there. I love your blog header by the way!

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

You know I loved this post!!! How I would love to have an Eagle fly in our yard. I am so glad you get to see all of this! Thank you for sharing it with us...Love and Prayers...

Search This Blog