Wednesday, July 20, 2011

35 Red Salmon

Bob, Bobby and Teresa help with the fish processing of 35 red salmon netted from the Kenai River this morning. These are caught under a subsistence fishing permit for Alaska residents only and a once a year thing, (25 for Bob and 10 for me). That's it for the year  under the subsistence permit, but he can keep sport fishing here that is totally separate. Bob likes to smoke the majority of these reds. 
I haven't had much time to post and I have been trying to keep up with my blog roll. I have my great niece and her husband coming to visit starting Monday for a week and then it's pretty much over for guests for the year. July is the favored month. 

8 comments:

Debi said...

Sounds like the visits are fun! yummy salmon!! Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog--I can't wait to see the bolero! It sounds divine! :)

Debby said...

I knew that you had visitors.
And more coming........that has to be fun to show them all the beauty around you.
That's alot of salmon. I bet it is the best.

My Vintage Mending said...

What time is dinner? We will be early for sure...

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

Oh my goodness, I'll be right over!! I L.O.V.E. salmon!

ImagiMeri said...

Holy mackeral......sorry, holy Salmon!!!! How long does 10 salmon last for you? I prepare a mean salmon, did you want me to come out and cook for you?

Hugs,
Meri

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

OOO that is great! We really enjoy Salmon - but never have had FRESH ones! I too would like to come over for dinner. :)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Ooh, I love salmon! Sounds like you are busy and we understand. Enjoy your company! Twyla

Paula said...

Wow! What a nice catch! Home smoked salmon is the best - do you can it after you smoke it?

I hear via the Anchorage news that Homer is getting amazing weather! We have had some nice days as well, and are enjoying the sunshine.

Have fun with your guests!

Search This Blog