Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Vintage Patterns

I've had my eye on this dress. It's a new Butterick Retro pattern and I have ordered it off Etsy along with the two vintage patterns below.
This one above is a Jackie O pattern from the 60's. I have really been wanting one of these. 
This is a cute little Bolero from the 40's. 
The top dress I can see me making that out of satin in a gorgeous color that catches my eye in the Russian shop. The pattern calls for a taffeta type material. 
Your thoughts and ideas are always welcome to me. 
*Oh by the way No I don't make hats I was thinking I would try and find a hat to buy to go with the tartan outfit  below, a beret is what I have in mind for that. I am at present working on the fit for the jacket with a muslin. When I declare it a good fit I can cut my wool fabric out. I actually hate this part of sewing.

8 comments:

gpc said...

The "fit" part of sewing is so tedious that it turned me off the craft when I was a kid. Now I can see, obviously, that it's a waste of time to sew unless you do that part. I admire your patience, and it certainly pays off because your clothing is beautiful!

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Nan,

Those patterns are wonderful, and I can already picture you in them. This is just my personal opinion, but I would stick to the fabrics suggested. If you need vintage fabric, I have a local source and she just recently came into the mother lode of vintage fabrics and knows where to get more. Most of the fabrics she's got are of 6-8 yards, in mint condition and have never been washed. Check her out at www.redheadsadies.blogspot.com and contact her. I know she'd be happy to send you fabrics, samples and images. Her name is Jenny Kuller and I posted about her just recently. She lives vintage style and dresses that way and she's one of the sweetest people ever. Just let her know I sent you.

Big Hugs,
Meri

ImagiMeri said...

FYI
I got about 30 yards of fabric and a bunch of bump chenille from Jenny for $100.

Meri

Vintage Girl said...

I can't wait to see you in these styles, I think they are going to be lovely on you. Nan, keep at that muslin, it will be worth it in the end!

My Vintage Mending said...

Great patterns Nan. I love those full skirts...can't wait to see what you make. Smiles...Renee

Debby said...

Thanks for your visit. I know I am so bad for taking the girls to McD.s It was a matter of convenience and their indoor playground. They have the nicest one around. They could wash those hands, play and eat. I had a salad.....but it had grilled chicken on it. I meant some chatty lady that went on and on and on. I am trying to eat better, I promise.

Anonymous said...

As good as you sew I know you could sew a hat. I can picture you in a cute summer hat to match your market skirt. Looking forward to seeing your next projects.

Debi said...

Love these patterns!!! You're right the bolero pattern from the 1940's is very similar to the short waisted pattern I made from the early 30's!! how fun is that? I really love all of these!!

Search This Blog