Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Shaggy Visitors and Broken Pipes

Two very shaggy twins came to visit last night. 
 They are in the process of shedding.

Below was a problem in the guest cottage on my birthday morning. Looking out the window I see our guest walking out carrying a load of wet towels. Bad sign. 
The guests reported a flood in the bathroom. A pipe in the shower wall had broken, another problem from freezing in the winter. The guests at Memorial day had the water heater pipe break. This Fall we'll be doing things differently out there for winterizing. 
So now I have a nice hole in the wall which Bob thinks he must fix before leaving on his trip. I say don't worry about it the leak is fixed by my plumber who came out promptly.
Thanks everyone for all your great comments on my birthday post I really appreciate them. My friend and massage therapist, yes I go to one, gave me these beautiful sunflowers. Massage therapy another element to my health and well being. And deep breathing I practice that I totally forgot. Memory, not always the best, can be frustrating at times if you know what I mean. 

5 comments:

Kath said...

Back down to earth again after your lovely birthday!
Leave it to Bob and go spoil yourself x

A Vintage Chic said...

Those are some shaggy visitors, for sure, Nan!

Sorry you have broken pipes to deal with--no fun at all!

I hope your birthday was wonderful...and don't you look fabulous, my friend! You're amazing! All your diet and exercise has certainly paid off--you're an inspiration!

Wishing you a perfectly wonderful day today!

Julie

Jacqueline said...

What do they say...if it's not one thing, it's another. Life seems to keep us on our toes. That's too bad that happened.

Your shaggy visitors have a charm all of their own. Comfortable in who they are they still come to visit!

Sent you a message in the mail and on facebook and now here...Birthday wishes blown your way!
Cheers to a sweet year ahead!

My Vintage Mending said...

I cannot believe they come so close. They do indeed look like they have the mange. Does it last long? They must leave clumps of hair in the brush. How uncomfortable. Makes me want to brush them...good luck with the plumbing...it is always something. Smiles...Renee

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

The twins sure are shaggy!!! But cute! And the sunflowers from your friend make a really pretty centerpiece.

Search This Blog