Saturday, June 11, 2011

New Set-up

Here is my new computer desk top Bob made and we moved me downstairs today. Now I am close to the center of things and not running constantly up and down stairs all day. I figure I work out at the gym 4 times a week I don't need to do that many stairs lol. I must say I have a better view down here than my other computer nook. We set-up the wireless connection today with some help from a phone tech.
Sat we're working at the Farmer's Market with the quilt raffle for the Pratt Museum and I'm going to wear my Saturday Market skirt. Will have to do some photos of the scenery there. 

Latest sewing project is a top for that skirt I made below. I have faced the skirt material on the front facings and the neckline. I'm now going to sew up the side seams and set-in the sleeves. This is a sand washed fabric from the Russian shop. By the way one the owner's daughter's is there and is starting to organize the store so perhaps I will be getting some photos soon.  

6 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Nan - you must be up in the middle of the night as I am!

Can't sleep and now the sun is up, so I guess I am too, for the day, until I crash this afternoon for a nap!

Your new computer set up looks great! You will love having wireless - although we have to reset ours occasionally (ACS)!

Jane M said...

Love the neckline on that new top, so feminine and flattering. isn't a convenient set up so nice to have?

Kath said...

Thats what I am looking forward to, having a space downstairs in which to work.
I am very impressed at your dress making skills Nan, you must be quite a fashion plate in your neighbourhood.

Jacqueline said...

That's the way, move where needed! I was thinking Bob was away and you sent him packing with the grandson. Not yet?

I looked back on post to see the pups playing so life is back to normal I see, except for the arrival of the seal. Happy he is safe in your arms and onward to where he can get care. Yep, I bet he loved the water!

GardenofDaisies said...

Your new office looks perfect! the green skirt you finished in your last post looks so pretty! Makes me think of the red petticoat that Rhett Butler gives to Mammy in "Gone With The Wind".

A Vintage Chic said...

Your new computer area is wonderful, Nan! So glad you get to wear your market skirt out and about--can't wait to get working on mine!

Just saw your kind comment on my blog...I LOVE those blue flowers! Barb (my friend/hostess of the tea party), gave me a bunch of seeds from her garden a few years ago, and now they're blooming all over my yard, too! They really are glorious!

They're "Love-in-a-Mist"--isn't that a fabulous name for them? If you remind me later in the season, I'll bag some seeds up for you and send them to you--they should work for you there--don't think they need much heat.

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend, my friend!

Julie

Search This Blog