Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sewing Chat

 These patterns just came in the mail Saturday. On the left I like the yellow dress pattern (no fabric in mind at the present time) and on the right I'm after that little black jacket, so cute. You know that would go well with that green satin skirt and made out of black velveteen. 

 Here is my Chanel twin set jacket made out of linen. I now have the lining pinned to sew in and all the trim is on. First I had to baste it down in place and then I sewed it down on the machine with black thread which does not show at all. This is done before the lining goes in of course.  
This was a surprise in the mail today from my friend Gina aka Vintage Girl. We exchanged vintage patterns and she sent me some vintage binding as well and look at those great buttons! I'm having fun now!! Thanks Gina

5 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

Love those patterns, Nan! And your jacket looks wonderful! What a sweet gift from Gina...

Wishing you a lovely Mother's Day, my friend!

Julie

vivian said...

Hi Nan! YOu make me want to learn to really sew! Hope you have a Happy Mothers day!
xo
vivian

My Vintage Mending said...

I love that pink and black combination. I whipped up a cute little top today using some vintage fabric I have had for a while. Put the iron on it to press a seam and watched that fabric melt! Made me laugh at my thoughtlessness. Happy Mother's Day! Gorgeous patterns....smiles...Renee

Vintage Girl said...

Your jacket looks great! How fun. I hope you had a great Mother's Day. I have enjoyed reading your blog and I am so glad you are sewing, everything you are making looks so pretty!

Stevie said...

This is the most gorgeous jacket!!! You are gifted with the sewing machine. xoxoxo

Search This Blog