Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sewing Along

 The Russian store was open Monday and I paid a visit to buy my lace I needed for seam binding. They have just tons of lace and trims. The problem is it's all over the floor in a pile and impossible to look through. Most all the trim is way too glitzy for the look I'm after so I searched Ebay and found something I hope will work on the below pink linen Chanel twin set. 
 The green satin above I spotted in the Russian store and bought 3 yards of 60 inch. The skirt photo is one I took from a magazine a long time back wanting a skirt like that
I have the lace on the hem of the red Chinese blouse now and will do a photo to model later. Not sure if I will machine or hand sew those hems. The pink Chanel I have the lining and jacket put together and have to leave it until the trim arrives. 

4 comments:

Vintage Girl said...

Wow, you have been busy. I love the green satin, what will you wear it with? Finding trims can be time consuming, I know what you mean about everything being shiny. I haven't sewed at all this week, too busy and it makes me sad. You inspire me to get back to it.

ImagiMeri said...

Good Morning Nan,

Wowee that green is bold! What occasion would you wear a skirt like that to? Please let me know if you're in need of something you can't find out there. I'd be happy to see if I can help.

Hugs,
Meri

GardenofDaisies said...

I love the kiwi green skirt fabric. Are you going to wear it long and swishy, or with the pickups?

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh I cannot wait to see this. I am so glad that you got the trim. Smiles...Renee

Search This Blog