Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Praline Shortbread Squares

I'm putting this recipe up here which I have altered for the better. If you don't eat Primal or Paleo this is not for you as you can eat normal white flour and don't need to look for alternatives for your goodies.

Preheat 350
Grease an 8" square glass pan
To make the shortbread blend: 
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 Tbs honey
Press into the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. (While this cooked I also toasted my pecans in the oven)
Now prepare the Pralines in a small saucepan
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup honey
1 Tbs honey
Simmer for 5 minutes, add
2 1/4 cups chopped and toasted pecans. I made part of mine walnuts. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature and spread over the shortbread. Place in fridge for 3 hours to set then cut. 

5 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Special diet or not, sounds yummy in any case!

Vintage Girl said...

this looks wonderful! hubby would like this one!

Jacqueline said...

Kalen...my goodness what a sweet boy! I am hoping he heals quick. You are a good dog mama to stay home and take care of him. I totally understand that!

I went back to read the last couple of post. I love the pink outfit on you the best! That would be my vote! I will keep an eye out for vintage buttons for you!

Thanks for the recipe too Nan. You keep me healthy and that is a very good thing! They look easy enough, I'll give them a go! My husbands going to love them and thank the fairy cottage women for sure!

My Vintage Mending said...

These look great. I think that your skirt turned out great. I honestly don't know how you sew on these fabrics. Looks wonderful....food and skirt...smiles...Renee

Storybook Woods said...

Oh yummmm!!! Clarice

Search This Blog