Friday, May 20, 2011

Kalen Story


Kalen had surgery today. He was neutered as planned at one year of age and then also his foot had the remanent of a dew claw with part of the nail still there so that was removed. It was a bigger deal that I anticipated and I was sorry I had it done after I saw him. He had two kinds of pain meds and I said what are these all for ? His foot. Oh dear I thought am I sorry I did this to him. He has stitches in the foot that come out in 10-14 days and on Sat we must take him back to have the bandage changed. He is better tonight with both pain meds kicked in now. The pictures were taken around 3 pm when we got home today and he was still willowy from the surgery effects. 

6 comments:

Vintage Girl said...

they look tried. Oh they feel better soon.

ImagiMeri said...

Oh Nan, your poor baby! Thank goodness they weren't un-needful surgery. I'm sure he'll be up and around in no time with your careful and loving ministrations. Take care, and I'm sending lot's of healing thoughts.

Hugs,
Meri

My Vintage Mending said...

He needs extra treats. Those pain meds can cause tummy upset. Poor man. He is all undone. Let him have your bed mom. Keep me posted. Smiles...Renee

Sandy said...

Kalen is young...don't worry he will bounce back quickly. I think the surgery is harding on you than Kalen. We feel so much for our animal babies. He'll be running around soon...and be under your feet again.

Kath said...

An anaesthetic always hits our dogs like a pile of bricks. Get well soon velvet-dog x

Lallee said...

I hope Kalen heals well. They usually recover faster than we do watching them. I hope you both feel better soon.

Search This Blog