Sunday, May 1, 2011

In the Pink



This pink linen/rayon blend with a pink satin for the lining came today from Fabric.com. This is the little Chanel twin set (pattern below) I will make.
I traced the pattern in my size and cut and sewed a muslin for fit. I had to make some changes in the sleeves, they fit too tight on my arms. Also they are 3/4 but fit full length on me. The pattern doesn't call for lining but I'm lining it that way I don't have to fool with facings and it looks and feels better to wear with lining. Tonight I had one sleeve in and the interfacing all down. Underneath there is a little sleeveless slip over top which I will also line. I have them all cut out. The Russian shop is still closed so no red binding for my Chinese top. I plan to buy black trim, it calls for rick rack but that says 'home made' to me not Chanel. What do you think on that?

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful fabric - love the pattern - always classic,
Kathy

vivian said...

so pretty!! I agree.. skip the black ric rac! I hope you'll take a pic of you wearing it when youre finished! I can not sew clothing.. just stuff that doesnt need to be perfect! lol
have a great sunday
vivian

Anonymous said...

I think a trim or pipeing
would be better than ric rac too.
maybe a little hand embroidery.

Search This Blog