Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cranes


 These cranes are here everyday #047 and his mate, and I have seen them mating by the way. I get upset with the neighbor who moved out but comes back to pick up more stuff. She sees the cranes are in the yards but turns her two dogs loose anyway. This really ticks me off I think she could be more wildlife sensitive. I reported this crane to Crane Watch and this tracker should have come off of him by now I'm told. They are designed to fall off after a year I believe. 
 View of the Homer Spit from our house.
Took these two shots out the bay view side and as you can see it's not green yet but the air here is very clear. In late May & June green grass will grow up through the yellow and get 6 foot tall. There is a duck couple on the pond again this year so maybe we'll have more ducklings like the 8 we had last year. Come on I want to see some green it's been a long winter this year for me!

11 comments:

Vintage Girl said...

Beautiful! Love the mountains.

Kath said...

There are cranes here in Somerset, although I have not seen them. Lovely photos Nan.

Mary said...

Gorgeous pictures!

Sherri B. said...

Breathtaking views from your home..Your cranes look a lot like the Blue Herons that nest all around us.

Jacqueline said...

I agree Nan! Boo to people who are so thoughtless and uncaring. Many fools walk the earth for sure.

I reached way down this morning and found a great attitude for the day. Out to the storage room to pack boxes and finish checks. I am loving being at home with the dogs and having long walks and simple time with them.

I hope today is beautiful for you!

Sandy said...

Fantastic photos Nan! It is really GREEN here. All the trees leaves are out and the grass is so thick from all the rain.

Storybook Woods said...

Oh they are so lovely. How fun to have them in your yard. Clarice

Creative Breathing said...

Hi Nan! The photograph of you from a distance in your new outfit with the "boys" is just wonderful! You really get the sense of how large they have become. I am crafting but not obsessing (at least not yet). I find my hands feel good while they are moving, hurt after wards. This is such a wonderful post. I love all that I learn hear! Happy Mothers Day to you! Elizabeth

My Vintage Mending said...

These are beautiful cranes. We have a few here, but not near as beautiful. Why would people live in such beauty and think so little of it? Never understood this? Did a bit more gardening yesterday, it was nice to get outside but there is still a chill in the air. Does the cloud cover ever go away over the mountains. Smiles...Renee

MJ said...

The pictures from your house are absolutely gorgeous. I love the shots of the cranes--now since the tracker is still on will it still fall off on its own?

David T. Macknet said...

I'd never seen cranes, really, I realize looking at your pictures. Thanks!

Search This Blog