Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sewing Project for this Week

Sorry for the bathroom picture but it was raining outside and I just finished this top and thought I would snap a photo of it.  Will be cutting out the next project tomorrow. *Yes I did finish up my blue satin jacket, just need to get a photo of that. 




My sewing project this week is this top which is the pink view. I'm using cotton for the top and silk for the lining both from my stash. The silk is a really different color sort of a light copper. I made this all today and one sleeve left to put in and the buttons and I'm done. This material goes really well with black. I made one of these ages ago for my daughter in a yellow rosebud print lined in a cream silk.
Nan

8 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

This is just gorgeous, Nan! Wish I lived near you so I could soak up some of your wonderful sewing skills! Not one of my gifts, I'm afraid!

Hope your day is lovely, my friend!

Julie

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan that fabric is gorgeous. Love the print, small and modern. Do hope your package arrives soon. It was sent 10 days ago. I am off to the fabric store to pick up a few notions that are on sale. Amazing work you are doing here....smiles...Renee

Munir said...

I sewed a few dresses for my sister when she was a little girl, as ready made dresses were very expensive in India. How ever for my daughter I sewed only a couple because being a full time clerk and a Mom of three is much more time consuming tha being a teenage sister. Also perfection was not expected from me. My daughter loves to sew, however there are no taylors around here and I am not a good teacher. Where did you learn?

Vintage Girl said...

Nan, this is so pretty, you are super fast! I like the pink lining. I can't wait till it's finished. It's going to be one of those blouses you wear often.

Anonymous said...

Did you finish the blue jacket?
It looked interesting. Ive
been watching for it.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love this top Mom, it is totally my style!! The short sleeve is great too!!!!!
Can you make me one?
Love,
Ingrid

Stevie said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE this top! And the pink lining is perfect! Love visiting and seeing what you've created! xo

Debi said...

Love it! The fabric is great and I love the lining too!!

Search This Blog