Saturday, April 9, 2011

Russian fabric Store Visit Part 2 and Nan's Tops

Here is my jacket and I notice now it's the same color as my Weims exactly. You knew they would be in all the photos didn't you, there is little way of keeping them out.
 The inside of crimson satin.
Below is the raw silk green top and I'm wearing pale yellow linen pants I've had for about 15 years at least. Same with the black wool gabardine pants in black above. The pants are both lined and I did not make them.
Bob had to do a retake so I'm wearing tights in this shot.
Below is my next top.
 I made a visit to the Russian fabric shop this morning.  
I found the owner sewing in the laundry next door which she owns too. I was the only one in the shop and she was very helpful. I wanted royal blue satin and she said the Russian church bought all she had for their Easter service. So I settled on this other color blue. I'm working on the cut out this afternoon. It will be not lined but underlined to give the satin more body. I found some really fancy, glitzy fabric for the trim which I'll show later. If this doesn't work I can always go back and get something else. I asked if I could take photos and she said no the shop was too messy. Her two daughters will be coming this summer and clean it up then I could take them. One will also work in the store. 
Back to sewing. * A note on my string quilt. I have done no more with it for now but will get inspired soon and make more blocks. 

12 comments:

Jane said...

My goodness, Nan, both tops are beautiful! Love the red lining & button on the "Weim" colored one :)
Jane-Jacksonville

gpc said...

The jackets look fabulous, you look wonderful, I am just in awe!

Annesphamily said...

Oh Nan you are my hero. You are a terrific seamstress. I wish I had the talent. Have a great weekend and enjoy those sweethearts you are modeling your outfits with! Love those pooches!

My Vintage Mending said...

Seems funny that we are always drawn to the same colors. It is a beautiful shade of grey...taupe...Weim. Looks fantastic on. Both of them are perfect...smiles...Renee

Sandy said...

You are sewing up a storm! Very cute jacket and I bet it feels nice too. Hopefully today will be nicer here than dark and rainy yesterday. I'm still sorting through all the stuff from our 5th wheel trailer. Clothing is done. Rugs are washed. Kitchen stuff is cleaned and boxed up. Now I'm working on the bedding which won't be going into the new van except for a few pillows. We are ordering new bed sacks for the van. After that all that is left is the towels and bath stuff. We got a high pressure washer to use on our porch this spring. That should make it easier to keep clean and we can use it on the travel van too. Your dogs are so funny under foot all the time. You can tell they love you!

Debby said...

What a beautiful job of sewing. Everything looks so good. You should and could be a model.

Chartreuse Moose said...

What adorable jackets! Love the bold crimson lining...fun! Can hardly wait to see your next creation!

Vintage Girl said...

Nan, these pictures look very nice! Your jacket are lovely, awesome job!

Mary said...

I thought that color looked familiar! Great job!

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

Wow, those are nice tops! Before I read your caption on the first one, I thought to myself, "that is the same colors of her dogs" - and sure enough...ha ha.
Yes, indeed woman you have got TALENT!!!

Anonymous said...

good fit! nice colors!
cant wait to see the blue one!

Stevie said...

*gasp* Oh my goodness Nan! These are GORGEOUS!!! And it looks like you're having beautiful weather too! xo

Search This Blog