Thursday, April 14, 2011

Projects


 Finally finished this little guy. 
These are not easy to make. He is rather top heavy with that large head and I feel he should have had some neck support inside. So I took his head off and put in a small dowel from his chest to his head. *He was very complicated to make with 10 pattern pieces and 7 of those must be doubled. He has darts in his ears, tail, head, and underbody. The Easter basket behind him is very tiny so this is not a large deer. The pattern pieces you cut out are very tiny and all must be hand sewn. 
Jenny from Allsorts 
has this pattern on her blog (link provided) and I managed to get one made. Not easy to sew on this white fluffy fabric and I had to mail order it as we don't have this in town. You know I failed to take a photo of mine before mailing off to Kodiak. 
My daughter's  dogs wanted this really bad so today I mailed off a strip of the fabric for them to hold in their mouth today. The next thing from the Japanese felt book I have cut out is a little girl with a red hood. She must be easier than the deer.
I'm working on the sleeves for my blue satin top hoping those go in with no major faults. 
Nan

6 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Ack! This looked so simple...did you machine sew this? I am with you not adding the black stitching. Thanks for the tip about the neck. Great minds think alike...how's the snow? Smiles...Renee

Sherri B. said...

You are so talented...those are adorable!

~~Carol~~ said...

You made one of those deer! She's adorable, and I guess the difficulty in making one explains why they're so expensive on Etsy!

Storybook Woods said...

He is very sweet!!! Clarice

Canyon Girl said...

That deer looks complicated, but then you are so good at these things. I loved your comment about Mankell's books. I have all his Wallander books and this is the end of them and may be the end of him too. I only have 20 pages left, but I have read that the ending is shocking. It's interesting that we seem to like the same books, since you liked River Town as well.--Inger

angela said...

Ah you leave me wanting to see more of your delightful crafts! Cute!!!

Search This Blog