Monday, April 11, 2011

Progress on latest top

Here is my latest project and 4th top.
This was my progress as of Saturday. 
This is the front panel which has 3 layers at this stage, the blue satin, the net sparkle top layer and an underlining to give body to the thin satin. On the back of this will go a facing that has been interfaced so that makes 5 layers.

This is the front so far. The underlining is basted by hand first. I already made the mistake of machine sewing it down  and had nothing but problems from buckling of the satin. I researched the net and found you sew it by hand not machine for that very reason. In the meantime Kalen snitched a back section and ruined it. I had to race over to the Russian store before they closed and buy more material. Needless to say the boys were both in trouble with me over grabbing my stuff all the time.  
As of Sunday night I have the front and back section sewn together and I'm preparing the facing. Oh gosh I hope setting in the sleeves doesn't give me fits, this thin satin is not easy to work with, the sleeves too will have underlining to keep them from doing the slippery slide. 
Nan

4 comments:

gpc said...

This jacket is going to be really beautiful, love that fabric!

GardenofDaisies said...

That top overlay is so pretty! I only sewed satin once, and that was a long time ago. You are brave.

euthymic said...

What a beautiful top this is. Thanks for sharing:)

Stevie said...

Oh my! Were the pups trying to help!? This jacket is going to be gorgeous with the silk! I am loving the blue! xo

Search This Blog