Friday, April 8, 2011

Jacket Finished

I finished this suede like jacket Thursday night. I'm glad it's done it gave me fits. The button is a red vintage one to go with the lining. I'm happy to use it on something finally.
 The jacket V's in the front and is shorter in the back. It's comfortable to wear and I will model it later when I have some light.
 This is the inside showing the horse hair interfacing that lines the jacket. This was no 'quik sew' that's for darn sure.
 I happen to adore red satin.
 I've lined many a garment with it. 
Well so far I'm sewing one garment a week. I plan to visit the Russian shop tomorrow to pick out some royal blue satin and some really fancy trim material if I can find it for another jacket top. Here is the pattern for that one.
Nan

9 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Oh goodness Nan I wish I were there with you! There is nothing more that I would like than to have someone who knows how to sew! My late aunt made many beautiful jackets, outfits and other clothing for me. She was so smart and sassy. I miss her terribly. I am lucky I can darn a sock! My late mother had a friend who worked in Hollywood and sewed for the stars. But her own mother became very ill and she came home to care for here. Tillie never left but she also made me some smashing one of a kind outfits. I truly wish I were gifted to sew. Have a terrific day and thank you for sharing your beautiful creations. I will be back. Anne

GardenofDaisies said...

Wow! Nan this is awesome! I love the big collar and red button in the front. But all those seams in the fitted back look like they were complicated.

gpc said...

I wish I had your talent, and your patience, and your view (LOL)!

Vintage Girl said...

Nan, it's so beautiful!!! WOW!! You did such a great job! It looks so good, I love the color and fabric. The back is is pretty with all the seams. Thank you for sharing, I am glad you are sewing again.

My Little World said...

Wow this is very good, I love the back. I would love this black. I'd love to show my art and craft eventually too.

My Vintage Mending said...

Stunning...I can't believe this is homemade. Gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you Kwik Sew next..hah!
Smiles...Renee

Anonymous said...

Enjoy seeing the jacket you are making
and Im still watching for that string quilt!

Sleepery said...

Wow! Very impressive :)

Storybook Woods said...

Wow, Nan, that is a lot of work. Stunning and well done!! Clarice

Search This Blog