Monday, April 4, 2011

Easter and other Projects


A productive weekend of sewing and crafting in windy snowy weather. Top photo is my take on 'Nest on a vintage spool' idea from Clarice over at Storybook Woods. Love her blog and reading about her creative two teenage girls. 
I made two place mats for the new bar with fat quarters. I took 4 fat quarters all slightly different but the same shade of blue and cut them 18X13, put batting in-between and then red/white dot binding. Easy peasy. I also finished my jade green raw silk top and I'm now waiting for patterns to arrive from Fabric.com. for my next project. 
Getting together my stuff for the Easter Swap, see sidebar for swap information.





7 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

Such wonderful Spring fun in all your snow, Nan! Love that sweet little chickie--fabulous idea! And great use of the fat quarters!

Hope your day is wonderful, my friend!

Julie

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

Hello, Nan! I haven't been by to see you in so long! You're the only other blog friend I have that has moose in her yard!

I love your new header and your new projects are very sweet! Those little chicks bring back good memories. ♥

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Nan,

Glad to see you're staying busy while you're stuck inside due to weather. Your placemats are such a wonderful, quick way to use fat quarters. Have a great week.

Love ya'
Meri

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

I'll say you have a productive weekend! I love that sweet little chick!

Hugs,
Jacalyb

~~Carol~~ said...

Your swap partner is going to be very happy with her goodies! Love the little chickie on a spool!

Stevie said...

I am so excited for Easter, as is our little man! Your chick is adorable! Hubby walked in and said Noodles would like that. She attacks them. I have a little bunny that holds several and she always knocks the lid off and dumps them out. Such a silly kitty! Your placemats are perfect! I love the red trim. Your Easter bag and goodies are fabulous! Love your creations! xoxoxo

Angela said...

Super cute! Whomever has you as their swap partner is going to be thrilled!

Search This Blog