Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What's Happening in the Great Land

Bob sleeping late with the two kids, he's been lying low with a cold lately.
Some big events here in Alaska I'd like to mention to you are; first we had the Iron Dog race and that is over, then we had the junior Iditarod and that is done and next is Fur Rondy and the Iditarod. Fur Rondy is going on right now and I have to say I'm not a big fan of fur off the animal if you know what I mean. I won't say anything more about that and if you are interested you can go here to see what it's all about. I do have an interest in the Iditarod and my favorite musher is Lance Mackey who is going for another win which would make it 5 in a row! 

5 comments:

Tracy Suzanne said...

Good Morning Nan, that picture is so funny. I bet up there in all that cold weather those babies feel really good. Poor Mattie (our dog) gets pull close to me all night whether she likes it or not. How in the world do you get them to make room for you? I hope Bob's feeling better real soon.

Big hugs...Tracy :)

ImagiMeri said...

Dearest Nan,

That is such a precious picture, thank you for sharing.

Lot's of love,
Meri

My Vintage Mending said...

I love it...makes me want to go back to bed with the kids too. Ha! Let us know how the race turns out. Smiles...Renee

gpc said...

Love the photo! I am not a fan of raising or killing animals just for their fur but, since I eat meat, I am happy when the whole animal is used, including the hide or fur. I feel like it is more respectful than wasting it. And where you live, I don't know how people would have survived without it!

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

I can't imagine having 2 dogs sleeping on the bed, my one cat wakes me up so much with his purrs - but I love it. Animals are so precious!

Search This Blog