Sunday, March 13, 2011

It's all about dogs

I know you all don't have that much interest in the Iditarod down there but as I said up here it's big news and the mushers are out there a week now on the trail. On this map of the race you can see Unalaleet and the top mushers have reached that today. Lance Mackey is down to 9 dogs and is no longer in the top 5 unless he can pull off a move that will change his position. Last I saw he was in 11th place.
Kalen (say Keelan) I should just change the spelling no?
He had a new collar sent to him by an Etsy shop I buy from, orange denim with a bright orange, pink, and green print. Check out her shop as she stands behind all her sales if you are not satisfied. You know these two beauties cannot have a shabby collar. Yes those collars on Pan's birthday were Swarovski crystals, someone asked me about that. 

7 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

You got me hooked on this Nan. I can't believe they race this long and can't replace the dogs. Stunning collar. Fashion statement that those beauties are. Smiles...Renee

Miranda said...

I haven't been following the Ididarod at all except through your blog, but I'm loving the updates. Cute collar!!

gpc said...

I'm amazed at how much those dogs love to run, and how tight the bond is between a good musher and her/his dogs.

Fran. said...

Hi Nan Oh your dogs are just too cute!! I love the way you had the party for them!! I also like how you recycled their party hats!! Too cute!! Your tag is pretty cool and to be able to use that memory rocks!! Have a great day!! XO Love, Fran.

Sandy said...

I am just amazed at these men and these dogs....I feel bad for them, but I know that this is their love....what happens to the dogs that can't go on? Does someone take them home?????? I am not sure about this sport Nan.....the jury is still out on this one! :)

Stevie said...

It's so nice to see a map of the race!

Pan and his new collar! Oh my I love how the pink/orange brings out his coat!

Stevie said...

Ooops! It was Kalen that got the new collar! I apologize. It's perfect for the Spring.

Search This Blog