Friday, February 11, 2011

Vintage Apron

My friend has what she calls the Nan Box. A place she puts things she finds in her storage boxes she thinks I'll covet. Yesterday she brought over for one, this vintage apron (also that cute Poppy book below.) I loved the pattern in the fabric and spread out the orange backing of a quilt I made to photograph the apron.
 Of course the boys were in on this and loved this quilt too and rather claimed it for a nap ! Not much gets past them!


They are napping right now and I think I'll join them for a few. It's snowing here and I'm reading a really good book which I always show down the right side of my blog check it out. 

8 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

What a sweet friend, Nan! Love that Poppy book--I'll have to be on the look-out for that one...looks charming!

Hope your day is wonderful!

Julie

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan, love the colors and that geometric pocket. It is so nice to have such sweet friends. My best friend Amy does the same for me and she loves to see my face light up over what she considers junk. Enjoy your book. Renee

Creative Breathing said...

You have orange on the mind Nan! Your HH tag had orange in it as well. It looks so good with your fellas! Wonderful apron! Elizabeth

Tracy Suzanne said...

Your babies look so content, Nan. That apron was a nice surprise. It's so funny how us girls can look at something and just think of someone we know.

I really like your new banner!!!

Hugs...T :)

ImagiMeri said...

Hey Sweetie,

Your new blog look is beautiful! And I love to see what you've been up to lately. Have a great week.

Love ya' Meri

NanE said...

I need to find someone to keep a "Nan" box for me too, lol, because that book and apron are too stinkin cute! Love your new vintage blog header and your Happy Homemaker tag too. Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Valentines day! Hugs and blessings, Nan

Sarsaparilla said...

Linda at the Paper Collector sent us in your direction to take a peek at your hand made tags - they are darling!

Love the print on this apron too. How nice for you that you've got a friend who likes vintage - and likes sharing it with YOU!

Oh - and I love that Valentine you made for your daughter! Happy Valentine's Day!

Lallee said...

What a kind and thoughtful friend. That is such a great apron. Your two 'models' are showing it off beautifully on that gorgeous orange quilt.

Search This Blog