Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New Counter Top Installed

R&B Aranabee's Littlest Angel from the 50's is going to my friends shop Once upon a Fairyland. A lot of my dolls are going there hopefully to be sold. Check side bar for link to her blog which tells about her new shop. 
 Counter is 24 inches wide and over 11 feet long

My counter tops were ready and installed today. The men worked all afternoon getting them in. It's so long it's made in two sections. I didn't want legs in the way to hold it up so these supports were used. I like to stand while crafting not sit so this height is placed for me to stand. You could roll a chair along in front of these if you wanted to, one of those adjustable seat chairs. That rug will not stay in this room it's going downstairs when we get to working on finishing those rooms. 

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Nan,
Is this your countertop in your craft room? Or is it in your previous livingroom? It looks great. We got a couple of inches of snow last night...just after the last snow had finally melted. I'm wishing Spring!

MJ said...

Not only looks great but very functional. I really like the idea of not having legs in the way.

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan, I can't tell what's better the view inside or out. Great idea to have it at that height. I often stand and am always in need of more counter space. I see that cute table cloth oh my!...Renee

Donna said...

What a great workspace that will be! Plenty of room and a beautiful view!
~Donna

Kath said...

How lovely to have all that working space.

dana said...

LOVE your counters, Nan!! I stand a lot when I'm crafting, too. In fact, that's what I did for about 3 hrs. today..trying to get some items designed (patterns) so I could start making things to sell in my Spring sale....in about 2 1/2 wks. I am a big procrastinator!

Loved the info about the Iron Dog race.

Hope all is well!

dana

Tracy Suzanne said...

You lucky girl! I'm glad you're getting your room set up just the way you want it. Such a smart idea not to have the legs in the way.

Search This Blog