Saturday, February 12, 2011

Local Glory

These are new license plates and offered to all the Iditarod finishers. I saw one yesterday at the post office parking lot which brings me to post about this. The letters said IDIT something. The gal came to her car and it turned out to be Shelly Gill a local author, musher, and adventurer. You can read about what she does on her blog here.   This link is her list of books she has written mainly for children all available from Amazon. We have several retired mushers here in Homer. The Iditarod is coming up in March and Lance Mackey is going for his 5th straight win. He is one amazing musher having won out over cancer to do this. He is my favorite. 

3 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Nan, these are like merit badges for scouts! Only this is the Eagle of scouts. Beautiful. Renee

Donna said...

Nan, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your kind words. I have really enjoyed reading some of your posts! I am also a dog lover and even though I'm in California now, being a Wisconsin native, I can relate to winter!

Sandy said...

Good Morning Nan! We met Lane up in Fairbanks after our cruise on the Discovery. He signed his book for us and we had our picture taken with him and one of his winning sled dogs. It was a great moment!

Search This Blog