Sunday, February 27, 2011

Leave out the Fillers




Not eating grains can seem impossible to heavy carb eaters but it's so easy if you give it a chance as fat is very satisfying to eat. From time to time I like to take a digital of the noon meals I put out so you can see how easy it is to eat like this which really is so much better for your health than all the sugar you take in. Yes even if you are eating whole wheat and oatmeal your body converts this to sugar. 
The top photo is tomato/king salmon soup made with coconut milk. That's a muffin I make a couple times a week out of almond meal and flax seed meal containing butter, eggs, and raisins. 
The bottom two is just ground beef fried with onions and spices, one with organic spinach and avocado. I see the carbs such as rice, potatoes, corn, and all of the grains in general as fillers.  Just eliminate the fillers from your diet and you'll be down to what your body really needs to work. Carbs cause inflammation and heart disease and fat fuels the body so they have now discovered. 
This is a really good video explaining how we got so messed up with our American diet and in the end they show what you need to eat to change that. 

1 comment:

Kath said...

You have just reminded me that I love avocado and spinach, but have not eaten them for some time. At one time I was eating an avocado nearly every day and my skin was lovely.

Search This Blog