Thursday, February 17, 2011

Book Club Home Tour

 My friend Mary has the most darling little cottage that once was a run down old house with no insulation on the walls and a foundation that was not even there. We had our book club meeting here. 
 She bought this little house for herself and had a contractor fix all the problems. Mary as you can see has quite a flare for decorating and is NOT afraid to use color. I love what she does.
The house is filled with antiques she has collected.

I adore the orange she has in this kitchen. 





A Pewter collection. 
 Below is an idea for vintage aprons to cover a storage area in the loft. 

 Coming out of Mary's house you see this. 

10 comments:

Canyon Girl said...

This home is like a dream -- so lovely. And how great that you have a book club too. I love the scarves in your other post. And the views, of course, are just so beautiful.--Inger

Sandy said...

Mary has a lovely home! I love the way she painted the different colors in her kitchen...putting the two colors up one wall at an angle. Thanks for the tour!

Shelley said...

Its a wonderful cottage...I love how she mixes the look of old and new....thanks for sharing...blessings

My Vintage Mending said...

What a treat. I am not sure I could focus. I would be wondering around the house. There is so much to see. Tin, vanity sets, color galore. The polka dots look super...much better. The banner pops now. Smiles...Renee

Donna said...

What a cute place. It looks like she has surrounded herself with the things she loves. I like that. Plus - what a view!

~Donna

Charlene said...

Beautiful!!!! I love what she has done. And it sounds like she started from SCRATCH! HAve a great weeekend. HUGS! Charlene

gpc said...

How lovely - I love color but too often lack the nerve!

Stevie said...

What a gorgeous home!!! I LOVE the red couch! Love diy projects!

MJ said...

Wow, it looks amazing---I love what she did with the spices in the kitchen---and the entire place is just fantastic, what a great job on it.

PTjanny said...

Hi, I am Mary's friend from Illinois (since fourth grade). Have visited Homer, to see Mary but not since she bought her
Shack". So thank you Nan for posting the pics. Hopefully one of these days I will be able to see it in person. She has a definite flair. I have always envied her, "throw caution to the wind personality. And Mary I really love what you did with the house. Great ideas, marvelous colors. Love ya. Jan

Search This Blog