Monday, January 10, 2011

Moose coming down from the hills

The dogs spotted a mama moose and her twin calves out the window Sunday morning. There was a lot of barking and jumping on and off the bed about this. The calves were born last May and will be run off just before she drops another calf this May. The calves find this very hard to understand why their Mom suddenly takes a dislike to them. 
The dogs were let out potty before we left for church and Kalen decided he would go way off across the field to check out the moose which had wandered two properties away...NOT...Pan won't do this he knows but Kalen is only a dumb kid at 8 months. I called him back pretty fast and I told him that is why some folks like to use those shock collars!!
 These two photos were taken at 4:42 PM Sunday. One off the deck at the big glacier and one toward the setting sun. Lights shows in different directions with different colors.

8 comments:

Kath said...

Lovely photos as allways. Lord knows where my dogs would hav ended up if they had gone chasing after the Moose. They'd still be running now :-D

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

Gorgeous mountains, Nan! We really miss our moose but I'm glad to feel safe again!

Connie,Barry said...

Love the pics - we have deer in our backyard and you have moose - that is soooo cool!

Sandy at Teacup Lane said...

Pretty awesome photos! I bet those moose got the guys pretty worked up.

gpc said...

The sky is beautiful, both ways! I have been to Alaska a couple of times now and missed the moose both times, although always people ahead of us saw them! The only one I've ever seen was on Isle Royale in Lake Superior here in Michigan, when I was a little kid, and I was scared to death! They are enormous.

Tamera @ the Stone Fence Cottage said...

How GORGEOUS!!

You get moose visiting...we get skunks!!

Miranda said...

The pictures are so neat Nan! I still haven't seen more than one moose from far away here. I'd love to see one a little closer (from the safety of my house or car). I love the mountain pics, your views are just so amazing there.

David T. Macknet said...

Awesome shots! Well done!

Search This Blog