Monday, January 17, 2011

A few new things today to share


I had to show you this darling pattern I just purchased from Bustle and Sew's Etsy Shop. If you visit her Etsy shop check out the darling Nasturtiums pattern as well and two rabbits holding up a new year banner 2011. I have all of these and print them off from e-mail files she sends me, so easy and very reasonable. I love using felt scraps with a minimum of embroidery is more to my skill level like I made the Christmas stocking that came out so cute.
This is Pan's new collar. No one seems to buy more dog collars than I do lol...I love them and the minute they get shabby looking off they come. These two aristocrats deserve the best of collars. This inch and a half wide collar came from an Etsy shop from an Alaska gal in Eagle River calling her shop Alaskaleash.
These are lemon bars I made Sunday without traditional ingredients. The crust is almond flour & grape seed oil. The filling grape seed oil, eggs, 1/4 cup honey, and lemon juice. Came from a book on baking I bought on Amazon not using grains. *I would not recommend this to those of you who normally consume sugar and grains as they will be a disappointment otherwise they are quite good if you normally don't have anything sweet like this. 
We've finally had a change of weather pattern from sunny and cold to snowing and cold. I'm off meeting my 79 year old friend at the gym at 11.

10 comments:

Stevie said...

What a beautiful piece! I love the roses and how you chose to use felt! Your pup's collar is adorable!!!! Those lemon bars look yummy. I made chocolate lava cakes last night for dessert and our son finished them off this morning for breakfast with a scoop of ice cream. I finished your valentine and tag. I'm emailing you~forgot to ask for your addy! Have a wonderful day! xo

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi Nan~This is a really cute piece you're going to stitch...the roses make me think of summer which is a pleasant thought! Why do October, November and December go by like lightening and January crawls along. I can't wait for Spring!!
Stay warm
xoxo
Joyce
Love the new dog collar...very spiffy!

Canyon Girl said...

Everything is so lovely here. I love the dog collars. I know your guys are so proud to wear them.--Inger

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Love the rose embroidery...ADORABLE with a capital "A"! Wish I was better with a needle...

gpc said...

I really need to learn some crafting skills, the things you make are so pretty! Love the collar, I don't think I've ever seen a nicer one!

Jacqueline said...

Okay, maybe a dumb dumb question. Would I buy almond flour and grape seed oil in a health food store or co-op? Is it in regular grocery stores?

I will be emailing you today regarding the store. I'm so excited to have you on board. You were one of my first picks and I had so much hope you would make some goodies to sell.
Your my kind of girly!

Come see the store on my blog. I took pictures yesterday!

Good news...I've lost 4 lbs eating healthy!
So satisfied with good food.

What do you think of those washes in the grocery store to wash your produce? Scary or not? Of course, fresh from the farm is better but tough in January.

Kath said...

Such pretty embroidery! and I love that collar. I wonder how long it would take my 2 ruffians to destroy something so pretty. They were both in the river this morning.

Cara said...

The roses are so lovely! Great pattern find!

MJ said...

I love that color--the design is just perfect for where you live. As for the lemon bars, as far as I'm concerned lemon bars shouldn't be sweet anyway, I like them nice at tart----don't care for lemonade when it's sweet either.

Anonymous said...

I really love the new collar and how wide it is. I have been looking for a really wide one for Goldie (so you can see it above her fur).
Ingrid

Search This Blog