Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Best Tomato Soup

This tomato soup is so darn good I make. It's also very fast and easy to put together. Here is how I make it if you're interested. I fry up some bacon until the fat is released then add chopped onion, brown and add garlic at the end. I then take a can of stewed tomatoes and put it in the blender adding about half of the bacon and onion mixture to the blender and process on high. Put this in a pot along with the rest of the bacon and onion. Add whatever herbs you prefer. I use lots of fresh basil I have growing in the basement and 1/2 can of coconut milk (this makes it.) These amounts are for two you would double this for more. Today I happened to vary this by adding a fillet of halibut. That's our main meal at noon along with a muffin I make made with almond flour and a piece of fruit. Forget about the fat, without the grains eating like this, you will have to work at it to keep weight on. 

2 comments:

Kath said...

SOunds yummee! When you say stewed tomatoes, is that the tinned toms we have hear in England? They are cooked in their own juice, with no falvourings, can I use them?

Creative Breathing said...

Nan, I have had such fun catching up. Your embroidery piece is so interesting and just what I love with the combination of felt and stitches. Carbs, truly I am addicted. You can be full on such a small portion of lunch is fascinating! My daughter nearly lives on Edamomie (sp) soy beans cooked and says she never craves sugar. It is the habit of preparing food that I need to get into. Moose! I loved seeing the fellas! What a life Nan. Thank you for sharing it with us! E

Search This Blog